Influence of rubber-metal bearings on vibrations of continuous reinforced concrete bridges and overpasses
Shermukhamedov Ulugbek Z.
Professor of the Department of “Bridges and tunnels”, Dr. Sci. (Engineering), Tashkent State Transport University. Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
Professor of the Department of “Applied Mechanics”, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Tashkent State Transport University. Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
Karimova Anora B.
assistant of the Department of “Bridges and tunnels”, Tashkent State Transport University. Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan
Rubric: Theoretical and experimental studies
Key words: bridges and overpasses, seismic protection, real earthquake records, seismogram, bearings
The effect of the type of rubber-metal bearings on the vibrations of continuous reinforced concrete bridges was calculated based on real earthquake records. To solve problems, the finite element method and finite difference method were used. The results of the calculation of normal maximum stresses, and longitudinal and vertical displacements of a monolithic overpass under dynamic load, based on the records of two real seismograms, are presented. The calculations performed, show that the span structure and supports of the overpass have a sufficient margin of safety in the event of strong and very strong earthquakes according to MSK-64. To ensure the guaranteed seismic safety of bridge structures, it is required to conduct design calculations based on sets of records of past earthquakes that are close in dominant frequencies to the characteristics of the construction site.Used Books:
1. Shermukhamedov U.Z., Kadyrova Sh.Sh. Selection of bridge bearings in seismic regions. Problems of Mechanics. IMISS, Tashkent, 2015, (2), 59–62. (In Russian)
2. Verkholin V.A. Peculiarities of calculation and selection of bridge seismic isolation parameters. Earthquake engineering. Constructions safety. 2004, no. 2, pp. 44–48. (In Russian)
3. Uzdin A.M., Sandovich T.A., Al-Nasser-Mokhomad Samih Amin. Fundamentals of the theory of seismic resistance and earthquake-resistant construction of buildings and structures. Publishing house VNIIG, St.-Petersburg. 1993. 175 p. (In Russian)
4. Shestoperov G.S. Review information. Antiseismic devices in bridge building. M.: VPTITRANSSTROY. 1986. 46 p. (In Russian)
5. Skiner R.I., Robinson W.H., McVerry G.H. An introduction to seismic isolation. John Wiley & Sons. New Zealand. 1993, 353 p.
6. Uzdin A.M., Kuznetsova I.O. Seismic resistance of bridges. Palmarium Academic Publishing. 2014. 456 p. (In Russian)
7. Shermukhamedov U.Z. Damping of longitudinal seismic vibrations of girder bridge supports with seismic isolation bearings. Monograph. Tashkent. 2020. 180 p. (In Russian)
8. Qiang Han, Jianian Wen, Xiuli Du. Nonlinear response of continuous girder bridges with isolation bearings under bi-directional ground motions. Journal of Vibroengineering. Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China. 2015, Vol. 17, Issue 2, 816–826.
9. Ju Oh, Jin Ho Kim, Seung Chul Han. An experimental study on the shear property dependency of high-damping rubber bearings. Journal of Vibroengineering. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 8, 6208-6221. https://doi.org/10.21595/jve.2017.18652
10. Yumin Zhang, Jiawu Li, Lingbo Wang, Hao Wu. Study on the Seismic Performance of Different Combinations of Rubber Bearings for Continuous Beam Bridges. Advances in Civil Engineering. Volume 2020. Advances in Civil Engineering. 2020, no.4, 1–22. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8810874
11. Wang Shuai, Heisha Liu Han Wen Yu, Fang Wang, Guo Xiang. Seismic Response Analyses of Isolated Bridges with Different Isolation Bearings. Advanced Materials Research. Volume January. 2012, pp. 446–449.
12. Aghaeidoost Vahid, Billah Muntasir. Effect of lead rubber bearing (LRB) modeling technique on the seismic response of base-isolated bridges. 8th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. Streamed from Athens, Greece. 2021, June. 3930–3941.
13. Shakeri Soleimanloo Hossein, Barkhordari Mohammad Ali. Mechanical Characteristics and Application of Fiber-reinforced Elastomeric Bearings for Seismic Isolation and Retrofitting of Bridges. Trends in Applied Sciences Research. 2014, Volume 9, Issue 1. 31–42.
14. Choi E., Nam T.H., Oh J.T., Cho B.S. An isolation bearing for highway bridges using shape memory alloys. Materials Science and Engineering А. 2006. Volume 438–440, 25 November, 1081–1084. doi:10.1016/j.msea.2006.05.098
16. Mirzaev I., Yuvmitov Anvar, Turdiev Malikjon, Shomurodov Jakhongir. 2021. Influence of the Vertical Earthquake Component on the Shear Vibration of Buildings on Sliding Foundations. E3S Web of Conferences 264, 02022. CONMECHYDRO. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/202126402022.
17. Elbek Kosimov, Ibrakhim Mirzaev and Diyorbek Bekmirzaev. 2021. Comparison of the impacts of harmonic and seismic waves on an underground pipeline during the Gazli earthquake. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 1030. 012082 IOP Publishing doi:10.1088/1757-899X/1030/1/012082.
18. Ambraseys N.N., Smit P., Douglas J., Margaris B., Sigbjörnsson R., Ólafsson S., Suhadolc P., Costa G. 2004. Internet site for European strong-motion data. Bollettino di Geofisica Teorica ed Applicata. 45(3). URL: http://www.isesd.hi.is/ESD_local/frameset.htm.
19. Shermuxamedov U., Shaumarov S., Uzdin A. 2021. Use of seismic insulation for seismic protection of railway bridges. In E3S Web of Conferences (Vol. 264, p. 02001). EDP Sciences. doi:10.1051/e3sconf/202126402001.
20. Rashidov T.R., Kuznetsov S.V., Mardonov B.M., Mirzaev I. 2019. Applied problems of seismodynamics of structures. Book 1. Nowruz, Tashkent. 268 p. (In Russian)
22. Myachenkov V.I., Maltsev V.G., Mayboroda V.P. et al. 1989. Calculation of machine-building structures by the finite element method. Directory. Under total ed. Myachenkova V.I. Moscow, Engineering. 520 p. (In Russian)
23. Rashidov T. R., Rashidov T., Shermukhamedov U. 2020. Features of the theory of a two-mass system with a rigidly connected end of the bridge, in consideration of seismic influence on high-speed railways. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 7(2), 1160–1166.
24. Shermukhamedov U., Shaumarov S. 2019. Impact of configuration errors on the dynamic oscillation absorbers effectiveness of different masses on the seismic resistance of bridges. In E3S Web of Conferences,Vol. 97, p. 03017. EDP Sciences.
Возврат к списку